Reporting to the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies Finance and Operations Team and working closely with senior residential staff, the Operations Manager serves as a liaison between the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies main office and the residential sites to ensure all summer programs are operating smoothly. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager position include:
- Supervising three Operations Coordinators, three Food Specialists, a Fleet Specialist, a Tech Specialist, and a Fleet/Tech Specialist.
- Procuring and preparing residential materials
- Coordinating distribution of supplies for Arrival Days and retrieval of supplies for Departure Days, as well as other special events.
- Overseeing the delivery of snacks, educational materials, and other supplies.
- Maintaining a system for tracking supply requests, purchasing orders, and arranging for distribution.
- Managing the proper organization of supplies in the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies storage room.
- Fostering and promoting an inclusive environment for all participants, staff, and SPCS community members.
- Guiding participants in educational initiatives centered around individual development, wellness, community engagement, and inclusion.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and logistical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience planning events or activities coordination desired
- Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Applicants who can be available from late May–mid/late August, 2018 preferred
- Must be available for mandatory training from June 18–June 22, 2018
- Applicants must be available for at least an entire program (for example, both Session 1 and Session 2 of Summer Institutes), though the preference is for the successful candidate to work for all programs listed below
The standard compensation for the Operations Manager is $1,420/week plus a full room and board package. This position is exempt.
Programs & Dates
The Operations Manager works with all Pre-Collegiate Studies programs:
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Humanities Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Arts Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford AI4ALL | June 25–July 13, 2018
- Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (SMYSP) | June 24–July 28, 2018
- Stanford University Mathematics Camp (SUMaC) | July 16–August 11, 2018
- Stanford Online High School Summer Program | August 8–August 21, 2018
- Stanford Online High School (OHS) Middle School Summer Program | August 8–August 16, 2018
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes | June 25–August 19, 2018
We are currently accepting applications for this position.