Operations Coordinator - Food Specialists plan, order, coordinate, and provide daily operational oversight of food needs for the Pre-Collegiate Studies programs. Food Specialists proactively select vendors, organize arrangements, and track costs of purchases. While the programs are in session, Food Specialists provide on-site support, such as equipment and meal set-up. Food Specialists work closely with the entire Operations Staff, are supervised by the Operations Manager, and receive professional oversight from the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies Finance and Operations Team. This can be a full-time (40–60 hours) or part-time (20 hours) position and may be combined with other responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Food Specialist position include:
- Ensuring all food needs are met for the participants and staff of their assigned location, while also working with fellow Food Specialists to ensure efficiency across all programs.
- Guaranteeing that every participant has food available to meet their dietary needs.
- Planning meals for Arrival and Departure Days.
- Ordering snacks for residences and maintaining proper inventory.
- Coordinating catered boxed lunches for field trips.
- Fostering and promoting an inclusive environment for all participants, staff, and SPCS community members.
- Guiding participants in educational initiatives centered around individual development, wellness, community engagement, and inclusion.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, promoting safety, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making.
- One year of experience in the food industry or event ordering experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and online platforms, such as Google Docs.
- Applicants who can be available from June 18–mid/late August, 2018 preferred
- Must be available for mandatory training from June 19–June 22, 2018
The standard non-residential compensation for Operations Coordinator - Food Specialists is $16.54/hour. A full room and board package is offered for those working 60 hours per week.
Programs & Dates
Operations Coordinator - Food Specialists work with all Pre-Collegiate Studies programs:
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Humanities Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Arts Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford AI4ALL | June 25–July 13, 2018
- Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (SMYSP) | June 24–July 28, 2018
- Stanford University Mathematics Camp (SUMaC) | July 16–August 11, 2018
- Stanford Online High School Summer Program | August 8–August 21, 2018
- Stanford Online High School (OHS) Middle School Summer Program | August 8–August 16, 2018
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes | June 25–August 19, 2018
We are currently accepting applications for this position.