The Operations Coordinator - Technology Specialist assists the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies Finance and Operations Program Coordinator with the many technology-related items and processes necessary for the success of Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies programs. The Technology Specialist works closely with the entire Operations Staff, is supervised by the Operations Manager, and receives professional oversight from the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies Finance and Operations Program Coordinator. The Fleet and Tech Specialist will provide support for the Technology Specialist at busy times such as Arrival and Departure Days. This can be a full-time (40–60 hours) or part-time (20 hours) position and may be combined with other responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Operations Coordinator - Technology Specialist position include:
- Setting up residential computer clusters at the beginning of the programs
- Providing ongoing hardware maintenance and management of computers, printers, projectors, and networking equipment.
- Managing the installation of software and keeping machines free of unwanted programs.
- Sharing information with program participants and staff about network connectivity.
- Supporting program participants and staff for basic troubleshooting; referring to campus resources when additional consultations is needed.
- Fostering and promoting an inclusive environment for all participants, staff, and SPCS community members.
- Guiding participants in educational initiatives centered around individual development, wellness, community engagement, and inclusion.
- Experience as a Resident Computing Consultant (RCC) on Stanford campus preferred
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license
- Previous computing and/or summer camp experience desirable
- Knowledge of PC and printer maintenance and networking
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Applicants who can be available from early June–mid/late August, 2018 preferred
- Must be available for mandatory training from June 19–June 22, 2018
The standard non-residential compensation for Operations Coordinator - Technology Specialists is $16.54/hour. A full room and board package is offered for those working 60 hours per week.
Programs & Dates
The Operations Coordinator - Technology Specialist works with all Pre-Collegiate Studies programs:
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Humanities Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Arts Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford AI4ALL | June 25–July 13, 2018
- Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (SMYSP) | June 24–July 28, 2018
- Stanford University Mathematics Camp (SUMaC) | July 16–August 11, 2018
- Stanford Online High School Summer Program | August 8–August 21, 2018
- Stanford Online High School (OHS) Middle School Summer Program | August 8–August 16, 2018
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes | June 25–August 19, 2018
We are currently accepting applications for this position.