Activities Coordinators, supervised by the Activities Manager, creatively and effectively plan many of the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies events outside of the classroom. Afternoon activities, offered every weekday, are an integral part of the programs; they reflect the diverse interests and talents of the participants, and enrich the program experience by providing balance to the rigorous academic schedule. Typical activities include sports and games, arts and crafts, campus and local excursions. More elaborate activities such as dances, talent shows, concerts, fire pit nights, and carnivals are organized for the weekends and some evenings.
Activities Coordinators also assist with residential supervision of participants. This is a full-time residential position and does not include an instructional academic component.
Responsibilities of the Activities Coordinator position include:
- Organizing a wide variety of activity options each afternoon for participants to choose from.
- Assigning Residential Counselors to help lead afternoon activities.
- Seeking and incorporating suggestions for new activities from participants and fellow staff.
- Planning more elaborate weekend and evening activities.
- Assisting with the residential supervision of participants in the house of residence (about 10–20 hours per week).
- Fostering and promoting an inclusive environment for all participants, staff, and SPCS community members.
- Guiding participants in educational initiatives centered around individual development, wellness, community engagement, and inclusion.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and the ability to motivate staff and participants
- Strong organizational, logistical, and time-management skills
- Experience with coaching, camp counseling, recreational programming, or successful event planning is desired
- Previous summer camp or after-school program experience is desirable
- Comfortable working independently and in groups
- Adaptability and willingness to complete hard work
- Demonstrated responsibility and leadership skills
- Ability to make good decisions and enforce rules
- Must attend one pre-summer meeting during Spring Quarter to meet the Activities Team and begin training (approximately two hours)
- Availability for mandatory training from June 19–June 22, 2018
- Availability for an entire program (for example, both Session One and Session Two of Summer Institutes)
The standard non-residential compensation for Activities Coordinators is $16.54/hour. A full room and board package is included.
Programs & Dates
Activities Coordinators are needed for the following Pre-Collegiate Studies programs:
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Humanities Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Arts Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Online High School (OHS) Summer Program | August 8–August 21, 2018
- Stanford Online High School (OHS) Middle School Summer Program | August 8–August 16, 2018
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes | June 25–August 19, 2018
We are currently accepting applications for this position.