Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies (SPCS) seeks postdoctoral scholars, advanced graduate students, or adjunct faculty to teach two-week (10 day) intensive courses to academically talented middle and high school students in several international locations during 2018 for Stanford Honors Academies.
Schedule and Locations
A preliminary schedule of locations and dates are shown below. Multiple courses on different topics will be offered in each location, based on student interest and enrollment.
- Bogota, Colombia: January 2 through 12, 2018
- Santiago, Chile: January 8 through 19, 2018
- Lima, Peru: January 22 through February 2, 2018
- Mexico City, Mexico: March 26 through April 6, 2018
- Monterey, CA: June 4 through June 15, 2018
- Singapore, Singapore: June 4 through June 15, 2018
- Kazakhstan (various cities): June 18 through June 29, 2018
- Shanghai, China: June 18 through June 29, 2018
- Bangkok, Thailand: July 2 through July 13, 2018
SPCS instructors have the unique opportunity to develop their own course. Courses are intended for academic enrichment and are taken without credit so there are no curriculum requirements. We are particularly interested in courses that develop skills in problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and innovation, as well as advanced topics that would not typically be found in a high school curriculum.
Instructional time should be a combination of lecture, classroom discussion, individual assignments, and small group activities. A teaching assistant may be requested, and travel, lodging and supplies are provided.
This is an ideal opportunity for those who enjoy traveling, working with bright, motivated students and are interested in developing or furthering their teaching experience.
$3500 for the two-week course, including all preparation time and completion of post-course evaluations for each student.
Contact Jeanette Cook, International Programs Director, at email@example.com with a current CV and a brief statement of interest.