The Operations Coordinator - Fleet Specialist ensures that most daily transportation needs of the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies programs are met, excluding the use of rented buses for field trips. The Fleet Specialist works closely with the entire Operations Staff, is supervised by the Operations Manager, and receives professional oversight from the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies Finance and Operations Program Coordinator. The Fleet/Tech Specialist will provide support for the Fleet Specialist at busy times such as Arrival and Departure Days. This can be a full-time (40–60 hours) or part-time (20 hours) position and may be combined with other responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Fleet Specialist position include:
- Coordinating the distribution and collection of all vehicles during the beginning and end of the summer programs according to program policy and guidelines.
- Ensuring program vehicles have properly displayed University permits and program/vehicle identification information, registration information (for vans), campus maps, and other needed information.
- Being a resource for vehicle maintenance (e.g., supporting the cleaning of vehicles, ensuring program placards are displayed, assisting with gas purchasing, working with vendors to make needed vehicle repairs).
- Overseeing the sharing of vehicles among residential staff as needed (e.g., for special events, when a participant or staff member is injured and an extra cart is required, when a vehicle is offline and a replacement is needed).
- Maintaining an awareness at all times of where and to whom each vehicle is assigned, and being a point of contact for all vehicle-related questions.
- Training staff new to driving program vehicles, including proper vehicle use, correct use of The Club (locking device), how to charge the carts, and where to park.
- Serving as a supplemental driver, especially on Arrival and Departure Days.
- Fostering and promoting an inclusive environment for all participants, staff, and SPCS community members.
- Guiding participants in educational initiatives centered around individual development, wellness, community engagement, and inclusion.
- Strong familiarity with the Stanford campus and surrounding areas
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license
- Strong organizational, logistical, and communication skills
- Adaptability and willingness to complete hard work
- Demonstrated responsibility and leadership skills
- Ability to make good decisions and enforce rules
- Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds
- Applicants who can be available from late May–mid/late August, 2018 preferred
- Must be available for mandatory training from June 19–June 22, 2018
- Applicants interested in living on campus strongly preferred
The standard non-residential compensation for Operations Coordinator - Fleet Specialists is $16.54/hour. A full room and board package is offered for those working 60 hours per week.
Programs & Dates
The Operations Coordinator - Fleet Specialist will work with all Pre-Collegiate Studies programs:
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Humanities Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Arts Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford AI4ALL | June 25–July 13, 2018
- Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (SMYSP) | June 24–July 28, 2018
- Stanford University Mathematics Camp (SUMaC) | July 16–August 11, 2018
- Stanford Online High School Summer Program | August 8–August 21, 2018
- Stanford Online High School (OHS) Middle School Summer Program | August 8–August 16, 2018
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes | June 25–August 19, 2018
The priority application deadline for this position is February 18, 2018, though we will continue to review applications past this date as needed.