Operations Coordinators work closely with the entire Operations Staff, are supervised by the Operations Manager, and receive professional oversight from the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies Finance and Operations Team. Operations Coordinators serve as liaisons between the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies main office and the residential sites to ensure all programs are operating smoothly. This can be a full-time (40–60 hours) or part-time (20 hours) position and may be combined with other responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Operations Coordinator position include:
- Preparing the residences and program materials before the programs formally begin, and providing logistical support during residential staff training, Arrival Days and Departure Days, and other special events.
- Ensuring that all residences receive the necessary stock of snacks, educational materials, daily mail, and other supplies while programs are in session.
- Maintaining a well organized storage room and monitoring inventory levels in both the residences and storage room, redistributing materials and requesting new supplies as necessary.
- Executing the proper collection, organization, storage, and inventory of Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies supplies at the conclusion of each program.
- Fostering and promoting an inclusive environment for all participants, staff, and SPCS community members.
- Guiding participants in educational initiatives centered around individual development, wellness, community engagement, and inclusion.
- Strong organizational and logistical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience planning events or activities coordination desired
- Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Applicants who can be available from June 18–mid/late August, 2018 preferred
- Must be available for mandatory training from June 19–June 22, 2018
The standard compensation for Operations Coordinators is $16.54/hour. A full room and board package is offered for those working 60 hours per week.
Programs & Dates
Operations Coordinators work with all Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies programs:
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Humanities Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford Summer Arts Institute | June 25–August 4, 2018
- Stanford AI4ALL | June 25–July 13, 2018
- Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (SMYSP) | June 24–July 28, 2018
- Stanford University Mathematics Camp (SUMaC) | July 16–August 11, 2018
- Stanford Online High School Summer Program | August 8–August 21, 2018
- Stanford Online High School (OHS) Middle School Summer Program | August 8–August 16, 2018
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes | June 25–August 19, 2018