Academic-Year Teaching Opportunities
In addition to our residential summer programs, we also hire instructors for programs that run during the academic year. These include:
- Honors Academies, intensive two-week, non-residential day programs created in partnership with top schools and organizations in South America in January and in Singapore, Hong Kong, and other locations in Asia in the summer. These programs offer local students (elementary through high school) at select locations challenging enrichment courses. Honors Academies are wonderful opportunities for instructors interested in teaching and travel.
- Stanford Humanities Circle, an academic enrichment program offering quarter-long classes for local middle and high school students who are interested in exploring the Humanities. Weekly sessions are held at Stanford on Wednesday or Thursday evenings throughout the academic quarter, and are organized around a central theme.
- Stanford Science Circle, an academic enrichment program offering quarter-long classes for local middle and high school students who are interested in exploring the vast and exciting world of scientific research. Weekly sessions are held at Stanford on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings throughout the academic quarter. Each quarter's classes are organized around a particular academic area.
Summer Teaching Opportunities
- Stanford Summer Institutes and the Stanford Summer Arts Institute hire advanced Ph.D. students, Ph.D.s, postdocs, and other professionals to develop and teach three-week courses for academically talented students ages 14–17. These courses are for enrichment only so there are no curriculum requirements; instructors can develop courses that reflect their specific interests and expertise.
- Honors Academies in June–July annually.
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes hire instructors from a wide range of subject areas to present three-hour workshops to high school students from around the world who come to Stanford to meet and share their cultures with their peers and learn about American college life.
Please note that not all SPCS summer programs hire instructors: Instructors are only hired for Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes, Stanford Summer Arts Institute, Honors Academies, and Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes.
Drop-In Teaching Assistants are hired on a part-time, as-needed basis for Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes, OHS Summer Program, the Summer Humanities Institute, and SUMaC.